Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Retirement Cake - 2nd time using Cake Cricut

The primary school is celebrating the retirement of a special teacher and wonderful guidance counselor.  They asked me to make the Retirement Cake for the event.

Sunday evening I stayed up late cutting lots and lots of flowers (50/50 gumpaste and fondant) using my Cake Cricut!  I had heard SO many bad things about the machine that I had been procrastinating trying it.  Now I am kicking myself for not trying sooner.  I think the trick is using Wilton Gumpaste.  I mixed that with my homemade fondant and it worked very nicely.

Napkin provided by the Social Committee
White Velvet Sheet Cake (uses White Chocolate)
Dream Buttercream with a Hint of White Chocolate


Cupcakes with Pink and Orange Frosting and filled with Lemon Curd

No comments:

Post a Comment