Sunday, May 22, 2011

Microwave Lemon Curd

I have a retirement cake due on Wednesday and since it is just going to be a sheet cake, I thought I would "spice" it up by torting it and filling with homemade lemon curd.

I finally found a microwaveable recipe to use.  All was going well until it overflowed in the microwave.  Oops!  Oh well, I hear lemon juice is great for cleaning the tray in the microwave so it should get squeaky clean.

Not only is it pretty - but the house smells SO good!

I found the recipe on My Baking Addiction blog.


Ingredients
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
zest of 3 lemons
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until smooth and thoroughly combined. Whisk in lemon juice, lemon zest and butter.
2. Cook in the microwave on full power for one minute intervals, stirring after each minute. This process will take about 3-5 minutes depending on the strength of your microwave. You will know the lemon curd is done cooking when it coats the back of a metal spoon.
3. Remove from the microwave, and pour into sterile jar.
Storage
Store lemon curd in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
adapted from allrecipes

No comments:

Post a Comment