Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day = Another Crafting Day

Well, we are involved in that huge Snow Storm that is moving across the United States.  The county just a few miles north of us has a "Blizzard Warning" out for later today.  We'll see what that brings. . .

I am forcing myself to work on one room at a time although my brain is going SO many other directions.  I have decided to work in our Front Room (aka Piano Room).  One of the prerequisites when we were looking for a new house was a room for my Baby Grand Piano.  At our other house, we had built a music studio to house my piano.  I really wanted it in the house.

So, it's now time to work on that room.

1st - I found this quote:
"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song."


2nd - I started looking for bird svg files so I could cut vinyl on my cricut.  I originally planned to do birdcages on the wall with vinyl.  THEN, I found these plates:


Inspiration found at:  Frugal with a Flourish
Don't you just LOVE the name of her blog??


 3rd - Okay, great, I'm thinking - - that will be relatively simple.  Those are just cheap plates.  BUT, who wants to go out in the cold and the snow???  Not me!  So I start thinking - - I have Christmas plates I don't really need and it would be a great way to repurpose them.  And since it is a music room, I could pull out some old music and decoupage them.


4th - Started another google search for painting and/or decoupaging plates and I came across this:
Inspiration found at:  Etsy


5th - Dug out the supplies:




Now it's time to see if I can pull my idea together.  Gotta get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment