Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Simple Valentine Craft - 3D

I've been taking an online class for the past few weeks trying to learn about Photoshop.  I have to say, I'm not following.  One day I will need to get the videos and "Start, Stop, Practice and repeat".  So, as I was listening to the presentation, I was working on this Valentine project.

I have to say, I am not a good mom when it comes to decorating for holidays.  I just never seem to get it done.  I am hoping to get at least a few things up this year for Valentine's Day and Easter.

I was actually scrounging through cabinets for a frame for a different project when I came across this:


The organist at the Methodist church where I was playing piano, made this for me.
I can't believe I still remember that!
But, really, I'm not going to hang this in my house...
I started looking at it and actually liked the back side of the frame better than the front!


I disassembled it and then sprayed it with White Spray Paint
As you can see, I did not make the white "solid" as I wanted a more rustic look.



I then selected a piece of Scrapbooking paper and used a mechanical pencil to lightly write, "Be Mine".
If you look hard you can see the pencil markings.  I tried to get a better pic but it wasn't going to happen.


I then cut 1/2" strips of black cardstock, got out my hot glue gun, and got started.
Do you notice this is a 3D craft?
How to do this:  trace your pencil line with your glue gun (SMALL SECTIONS), place the side of the paper in the hot glue, hold and repeat.

The black divider is a piece of black ribbon.


I made 3 tissue paper rosettes and applied with hot glue.
I have to admit, those rosettes are not as easy to make as they look!

Side view so you can see the 3D

Not my finest piece of work, but cute.  I'd like to make a couple crepe paper rose balls to set around it.  That would add more color!



No comments:

Post a Comment