Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday Get-Together: Cupcake Bouquet and Oreo Truffles

 

Logan was the chef for our Super Bowl Get-together.  Once again he is taking Barbecue and this year the theme for his poster is "Are You Ready for Some BBQ?"  His menu as delicious:

Barbequed Drumsticks (Gluten-Free)
Grilled Shrimp basted in an Chipolte-Butter-Garlic Sauce (GF)
Mini Cheeseburgers served on Waffle Fries and topped with Cheese, Pickle and Tomato (GF)
Grilled Steak Fries topped with Shredded Cheese and Bacon Bits (GF)
Homemade Coleslaw (GF)
Homemade Salsa and Chips (GF)
Vegetable Tray with Paige's Famous Dip (GF)
and Potato Chips

And for Dessert: 
Vanilla Cupcake Bouquet (not GF)
Football-shaped Oreo Truffles (not GF)
Store bought Sugar Cookies (not GF)

I have to say, we were "STUFFED"!  Although I couldn't eat the desserts, it didn't matter as I had plenty from the meal.  Sorry, I'm not sharing the recipes for the meal until after the fair.  Don't want to share all our secrets now do we?

I just wanted to share my first Cupcake Bouquet.  Yes, I forgot to put ribbon down along the bottom of the 10" cake board.  I realized that step was omitted after the entire bouquet was assembled.  For this occassion, I was not taking it apart.  

I hear the Oreo Truffles were delicious.  I can't attest to that - but my sister and her 3 year old son said they were.  Oreo Truffles are simply crushed oreos mixed with cream cheese.  Feel free to learn about these at Bakerella's Blog.

I'll have to comment on the simple "COLTS" signs.  I made those real quick on the cricut using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) by welding and using the Shadow option.

No comments:

Post a Comment