Sunday, September 4, 2011

Labor Day - Open Pit Barbeque

This past summer, Logan drug his feet on all of his 4-H projects.  He is a bit of a procrastinator but at the same time, does not work well under pressure.  I'm a bit of the opposite -- I procrastinate but seem to do my best work when I don't have time on my side.

So, we told him that he must have his posters and electric project done by July 1 or else he won't be able to take them to the fair.  No more waiting till the last minute.

We decided he could do his BBQ project already this year and have that done.  I'm not sharing the title of his poster but he will be cooking a lot of meat.  The requirements indicate that he must demonstrate cutting meat into serving sizes, develop and serve a menu to 3-7 people.

Here's what's on the menu (meats made over an open fire rather than a grill).  Can you tell - - LOTS of meat!


Tomorrow, I'll share some pictures with you. . .have a wonderful Labor Day holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment