Sunday, July 10, 2011

50th Birthday Cake

My wonderful neighbor celebrated her 50th birthday yesterday.  I was asked to make a black and white cake in honor of the event.  My plan was to use black fondant to cover the cake; however, my black fondant would not stay in one piece.  I believe it is because of the chocolate I used when making it.  Darn!

So, I ended up with a white buttercream cake with black polka dots.  I also made a pink "K" for her monogram.

4 layers
Vanilla and Chocolate Marble Cake
Dream Buttercream
Buttercream Marshmallow Fondant accessories
The "50 Plaque" was made with gumpaste and fondant.

I have been experimenting with picnik.com therefore the fireworks in the background.
(The party was held the same night as our neighborhood fireworks party.)


No comments:

Post a Comment