Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Sister's "Italian Beef Sandwiches" Recipe

Snowy Day Recipe #2

My Sister’s Recipe:

Italian Beef Sandwiches

1 (about 4 lb.) boneless sirloin tip roast, halved
          (I used 2 bone-in chuck roasts)
2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix
          (I used about 3 T. of the dry mix I made)
2 cups water
1 (16 oz) jar mild pepper rings (undrained)

Place roast in a 5 quart slow cooker. Combine salad dressin mix and water; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender. (I had to cook on high as I didn’t get it started until noon.) Remove meat; shred with fork and return to slow cooker. Add pepper rings and heath through. Makes 18 servings.




Note:  This recipe is GREAT for a houseful of people.  We use it for many family gatherings.





No comments:

Post a Comment