Snowy Day Recipe #3
Sources: Gluten Free Homemaker and The Baking Beauties
1 1/3 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup sweet rice flour (I was out so I substituted Sweet Sorghum Flour)
1 cup tapioca starch
1 T. instant yeast
2 t. unflavored gelatin
1 T. Xanthan Gum
1 1/2 t. salt
2 t. sugar or honey (I used honey)
1 - 1 1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil (I used vegetable oil)
1 t. vinegar
1. Mix the wet ingredients together in the bowl of your mixer using 1 cup of the warm water
2. Combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and beat
for 2 minutes. Add more water if dough is too dry. The dough should be very soft and sticky.
3. Scoop the dough into 8 - 3" disposable aluminum pie pans. Place the pans on a large backing sheet to make moving easier.
4. Using greased fingers, smooth the tops of the dough. Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
5. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Tops should be nicely browned.
6. Let sit 5 minutes after removing from oven and then remove buns and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
(You will be able to reuse pie tins)
I did not have the small aluminum tins. I also saw someone use the Muffin Top pans which I no longer own. So, I used my Pampered Chef Stone for 4 mini breads. I had a difficult time get the rolls done. Just too much dough in each one.
As far as the taste, it was VERY good. A bit spongey however much better than the chalk-like texture of all the other breads we have tried. Lance liked them. That says a lot since he likes his full-of-gluten bread.
THIS IS A KEEPER!!
2 hours ago