Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Another Snow Day - - We decided to cook today


 (and hopefully I can finish what I started yesterday)

Since Lance has been out snowplowing many, many hours - we decided to make him a nice meal.  (For those of you who know us, Lance typically does the cooking.  That's for several reasons. . . but for one, he enjoys it.  I don't necessarily enjoy coming home after working 10-12 hours and having to cook.  He does - -Woo Hoo!)

Anyway, we decided to do a Soup and Sandwich Meal.


Our Ideas:

Italian Beef Sandwiches

  • Problem 1:  No Italian Seasoning Mix. . .hmm; we do however have plenty of banana peppers as he canned those for us last fall

Yeah!  I found a recipe online for a "Homemade Italian Dressing Mixwhich is similar to Good Seasons Brand" This is great as that mix gets expensive and we use this often as it is GLUTEN FREE (savings money, Cha Ching!)

  • Problem 2:  No buns (and bread slices aren't the same)
That means we need to make them from scratch. Good thing it is 10:30 in the morning.

The Soup
    • Needs to be Gluten-Free and not something we already have canned.  We wanted something different.  In our pantry we have canned chili, vegetable-beef and turkey-vegetable.  (I told you he likes to cook!)

    • Hmmm. . .what to make?  I think I received an email for a GF Potato.  Let's see how that looks and better yet, to we have all the ingredients?  Found it.
       
I'll be back later today with some recipes and let you know how everything turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment