Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Blocks

A young couple at our church recently had their first child.  I was thinking about making a Floating Frame with his name and other information, but then I stumbled across this blog:  http://naptimecrafting.blogspot.com/

I fell in love with her baby blocks, plus, we tend to have construction type items sitting in our garage.

So, I asked Lance to cut some wood pieces from a 2" x 4" board:

  • 1 piece - 2 1/2" x 4"
  • 1 piece - 5 1/2 " x 2 1/2"
  • 1 piece - 5 1/2" x 1 1/2"

I then painted them with "Crimson" colored craft paint using a foam brush.  I applied 3 applications.

NaptimeCrafting used Distressing ink for the edges; however, I am not much of a stamper so I did not have this.  (And, I didn't feel like going to the store at midnight.)  So I improvised with brown craft paint and blended it with some of the crimson paint.  I applied to the edges using a smaller foam brush.

I designed Emerson's name and statistics using Sure Cuts A Lot 2.0 and cut Oracal 651 White Vinyl.  I applied to the wood blocks.  The small dots were applied using the tip of a brand new pencil eraser in 2 different colors.

Here's the final product:

No comments:

Post a Comment