Friday, December 24, 2010

Gluten-Free White Bean Chicken Chili

This evening we are going to my youngest sister's house to have our family Christmas.  I volunteered to bring a chicken chili.  One of my coworkers brought this to school in November and I really enjoyed it.  She used McCormick's seasoning which I later found out had gluten in it.  Anymore, I can tolerate a "tad" bit of gluten so I was okay.

However, rather than chancing things, I went on a search to find a recipe that was gluten-free.

Here's my version of White Bean Chicken Chili:


2 T. oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 large garlic cloves (I used minced garlic from a jar)
1 T. ground cumin
1 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. tarragon
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
1 pound chicken (I boiled chicken breasts in boiling water, shredded and sauted with the onion)
3-15 oz. Bush's Cannellini beans (I doubled my recipe and also used 45 oz. Randall's Navy beans)
1 cup chicken broth
1 3 oz. can diced green chilis
1/2 c. cream (I used half and half)
grated cheddar cheese

Heat oil.  Saute onion, garlic, and spices for  5 minutes.  While sauteing, season chicken and add to pan.  Saute additional 5 minutes.

Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup.  Add beans, chicken broth, chilis & reserved liquid.  Simmer 10 minutes.  Cook on low 30 minutes.  Served topped with grated cheese.  (I mixed my ingredients, refrigerated and then heated in the crock pot the next day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment