Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas 2010 Neighbor Treats

Each year, we make something for the neighbors (past neighbors and family members).  Before I go on, I have to admit the kids helped me ALOT with this project.  Paige packaged most of the items.  She also made most of the thin mints.  They also took some of the pictures. . .  They can be such a big help sometimes!!


  • One of my Christmas staples is a Chocolate Caramel Apple.  The trick with this is to use a Honeycrisp apple!!  No other apple compares to the honeycrisp.



  • Homemade Thin Mints (YUM!!)
Packaged using a cupcake liner purchased at Walmart.

  • Homemade Vanilla Marshmallows dipped in Peppermint flavored chocolate and sprinkled with Peppermint flakes.  (Recipe for homemade marshmallows, aka as Peeps, is already on my blog.)

I picked up the container at Michael's for a Dollar.  Woo Hoo!

  • Cupcakes - We had not intended to include cupcakes this year; however, Paige made them for school.  (The kids at school have been begging for cupcakes.)  Of course, school is canceled due to slick roads the day she was to take them.
Plastic containers purchased at Rural King.  Gotta love that store!

  • Here's a picture of all the goodies lined up on my baby grand piano ready to be packed and delivered to the friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment