Saturday, October 9, 2010

Gluten-Free Bisquick


A couple weeks ago, I saw this sitting on the shelf of our local Scott's Grocery Store.  I was so excited!
The other night, Paige decided to make breakfast for supper.  (We have to do this about once a week since we have chickens laying 5 eggs a day. . .)

She used this mix to make Gluten-Free Pancakes and oh my goodness. . .they were DELICIOUS!  Maybe they tasted better to me than to them seeing that I haven't had a pancake since before July 2009.  They were fluffy and tasty.

After a little research, I found out that there's no shortening in the GF Bisquick as there is in the regular mix.  The ingredients:  Rice Flour, Sugar, Leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), Modified Potato Starch, Salt, Xanthan Gum.


Last night, Paige made pizza crust using the mix.  It was okay.  The taste was good.  The texture was more that of a biscuit.  Maybe it needed to be thinner as she made it about 1/2" thick.  


Finally, pancakes once in a while.  Hopefully, they will start selling it in a larger box!!



No comments:

Post a Comment