Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup
based on the recipe from http://www.gabbysgfree.com/
Yields about 11 cups
Weight Watchers Points+: 3 points per cup
Boneless, Chicken Breast - boiled and shredded to make 10 oz.
4 oz. gluten free pasta
(I used Trader Joe's Organic Brown Rice Spaghetti Pasta)
8 cups 99% Fat Free Clear Chicken Broth (I use Kroger brand)
1 cup water from chicken pot
2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
6 oz. diced carrots (organic baby carrots from Trader Joes)
6 oz. chopped onions
3 stalks celery
1 t. freshly minced garlic
1 1/2 t. dried thyme
1/2 t. allspice (yep, unusual ingredient, but it is tasty)
salt & pepper, to taste
(I always use Sea Salt - - better for my Adrenal Fatigue)
1. Place chicken breasts in pot, completely cover with water. Bring water to boil and reduce heat. Simmer until chicken cooked through. Remove from pot and shred using 2 forks. Reserve about 1 cup of the clear water from pot.
2. While chicken is cooking: chop carrots, onions, celery and mince garlic.
3. Heat olive oil in large soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute until tender, approximately 5-6 minutes.
4. Add carrots and celery. Sprinkle with a touch of sea salt and put a lid on the pot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just slightly tender, about 10 minutes.
5. Add shredded chicken and 8 cups chicken broth and about 1 cup water from chicken pot. Bring to a boil.
6. Once your soup is boiling, add your brown rice noodles, thyme, and allspice. Turn the heat down to a simmer.
7. Let simmer, with the lid off, until pasta is fully cooked.
6. Season with salt and pepper.