Saturday, May 21, 2011

Landon's Sport Cake - My first time using Cake Cricut!

My nephew turned 9!!  WOW!  He is involved in football, baseball and basketball so that was his theme this year.  I decided at about 6:00 last night that I was going to try using my Cake Cricut because I had no ideas for this cake.

I found my "Everyday Paper Dolls" cartridge and found that it included all 3 sports.  So, I basically made paper dolls out of gumpaste for this cake.  The lettering is gumpaste as well.  I used petal/lustre dusts to paint the white gumpaste.  I need to find a better method as I didn't do a very good job on these.

8" square cake and 9 cupcakes
White Sour Cream cake using mixed flavorings & Dream Buttercream

Baseball side (colors on little boy not accurate)
Basketball in the back
Football on the other side.  Cupcake toppers made from fondant circles and gumpaste "9"

No comments:

Post a Comment