Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Marshmallow Frosting

I used this frosting as one of the frostings used in Logan's Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake.  BEWARE - - this is VERY STICKY!  I also found this recipe on JustJennRecipes.

Marshmallow Frosting (GF)


Ingredients:
1 T. milk
3 T. sugar
6 oz. marshmallows
1 T. boiling water
1/4 t. vanilla extract


In a tiny sauce pan on VERY LOW heat, warm the milk and sugar.  Make sure it doesn't boil over as you just want to heat it.


In a double boiler, melt the marshmallows.  When they start to soften, add the boiling water and stir.  


Remove from heat.  In your mixer bowl, pour the melted marshamllows in as well as the vanilla and beat.  Beat in the melted milk/sugar until cooled.


Frost using an offset spatula.  Work quickly.


My tips:

  • I tried the double boiler method at first, but my marshmallows were not melting.  Instead, I put the marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl and added the 1 T. water.  I cooked for approximately 1 minute in the microwave.  Added the milk/sugar mixture and vanilla and beat with mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment