Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gluten-Free Monterrey Chicken and Roasted Potatoes

Sometimes I have to remind my children that I really do know how to cook.  So tonight our Gluten-Free menu was:

Monterrey Chicken (delicious!!)
Roasted Potatoes
Broccoli sprinkled with Cheddar Cheese

Roasted Potatoes:
Wash and chunk your potatoes.
Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and the secret incredient - - onion soup mix.
Place on large baking sheet in a single layer.
Bake at 350 F for approximately 1 hour.



Monterrey Chicken recipe (GF)
found on blog:  The Open Pantry


4 boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
4 Bacon strips, cooked crisp and chopped (I used our own bacon)
1 cup BBQ sauce (I used a homemade recipe listed below)
2 Roma Tomato's, diced
2 Green Onions, diced
1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Salt
Pepper

Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and then bake in the oven for about 20 minute at 350 degrees. Smother the chicken breasts with BBQ Sauce on both sides and return to oven for about 3-5 minutes, until breasts are cooked through. Evenly top each chicken breast with the crisp bacon and cheese, broil for 30-60 seconds under the broiler to melt the cheese (optional). Top the chicken breasts with the chopped tomato and green onions. 

Homemade Finger Licking BBQ Sauce (GF)
found on blog:  Picky-Palate.com

1 ½ Cups ketchup
3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
4 Tablespoons worstershire sauce
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar 
1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
4 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 teaspoon honey
Pinch of salt



NOTE:  I have to admit, I was a bit leary about making homemade BBQ sauce.  I typically do not enjoy it.  We ALL liked this recipe.  I will definitely be using it again.  (Actually, I will be using it again tomorrow evening for another recipe I found at Picky-Palate.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment