Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day = Crafting Day

We had our first snow day of the year.  Someone knew I was VERY behind on Christmas gifts this year.  So I stayed in my pajamas and started working.  Here's what Paige and I did today:


1)  We worked on finishing Christmas Cards.  We were on a roll until I ran out of envelopes.  Off to the store again tomorrow.

I typically design my own card, but this year I purchased a template off Etsy.com from RockPaperPixel.  The owner was wonderful to work with!  I don't usually include my husband and myself on the Christmas card but I couldn't resist the picture of my husband on the Harley the kids and I bought him for his birthday.  (What I have learned - I want PhotoShop!!  Maybe that will be my New Year's Resolution so I can make my own next year again.)



2)  Gifts for Paige's friends
These are ceramic tiles.  The striped materials was simply tissue paper and we used Mod Podge to apply to the tile.  The monograms, Twilight silhouette and names were made from Oracal 651 Vinyl (outdoor).  We will apply a coat of polyurethane.

For the Twilight tiles, we will purchase small stands so they can set them somewhere in their bedroom.  The coasters are for their nightstand for their drinks.


 Thanks to http://scrapncreations.com/blog/?m=200911 for the Twilight svg

Twilight tiles:  6 inch x 6 inch (I think $ .48 each)
Name tiles:  4 inch x 4 inch ($ .13 each)


I used www.wordle.net to assist me in designing the Subway Art tile
for Paige's friend

3)  Coasters for teachers at school for the Winter Wonderland celebration:

 The color is OFF - - I took this picture at night rather than during the day.
I used white tissue paper and the snowflakes are silver.
Monograms are Oracal 631 Outdoor Vinyl cut on the cricut

By the time I am done, I will have made 50 coasters.  I should probably get off here and start some more.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment