I received this recipe from http://www.julesglutenfree.com/ email newsletter. It was intended to be grilled but I wasn't willing to go stand out in the cold. So, I used the following recipe and sauted in a large skilled. Two things I learned:
- I should have grilled as listed in instructions
- I should have doubled the recipe for the marinade as I used both chicken and veggies.
Here's the recipe:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one small lime (approximately 2 T.)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (approximately 2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili paste (optional)
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch chunks or raw, peeled and deveined shrimp
- OR cleaned vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, beans, squash cut into large pieces
Grill 2 minutes per side on a skewer or in a grill pan, or roast by placing the shrimp or chicken on an oilded baking sheet and drizzle with marinade. Spread out in a single layer to roast for 5-6 minutes until the shrimp are pink or the chicken is white and cooked through; be careful not to overcook or the shrimp/chicken will become tough.
Serve with gluten-free flour tortillas.