Saturday, November 13, 2010

75th Birthday: Cupcakes

Here's the cupcakes for this weekend's order for my neighbor's mother's 75th Surprise Birthday.  The theme is Fall Leaves.  They also wanted ivory colored frosting rather than white.

Cupcake Combinations:

  • Vanilla Cake and Fall Spice Cake
  • Some were filled with homemade apple filling made with chopped granny smith apples
  • Homemade Cinnamon Buttercream, Caramel Buttercream and my traditional Dream Buttercream
    • I have to say both the new buttercream recipes are delicious!


 Above:  Cinnamon Buttercream frosting
Below:  Dream Buttercream frosting

Below:  Vanilla cupcakes with homemade apple filling

Cupcakes on the left side or frosted with the Homemade Caramel Frosting

Handmade Acorns and Leaves
Acorns made from caramels and chocolate.
Leaves made from Satin Ice and "painted" with lustre dust

Should have flipped this picture but I'm too tired - - here's my row of 50 cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment